Causes of death.....

Birth, Marriage, Death

Moderator: Global Moderators

Dennis

Causes of death.....

Post by Dennis » Tue May 03, 2005 3:54 am

Anybody else been noting causes of death?

dennis

JustJean

Post by JustJean » Tue May 03, 2005 4:23 am

Hi Dennis

Is there a particular illness you had a question about....or just causes in general? I have a pdf file of illnesses that I've found very helpful. If you would like it let me know and i'll email to you.

Jean

Dennis

Post by Dennis » Tue May 03, 2005 5:31 am

Jean. Thank you for the offer. For a while now I've been adding the cause of death to my data for future reference. Eventually I'd like to note the incidence of infectious and environmental causes of death to see if any patterns reveal themselves for particular families, parishes, etc.

dennis

JayPee

Re: Causes of death

Post by JayPee » Tue May 03, 2005 5:48 am

Dennis wrote:Anybody else been noting causes of death?

dennis
The only ones (well, not quite true) of which I've made special note in my searches are listed as "accidental asphyxiation"... need to investigate more on these :-$
- JayPee

DavidWW

Post by DavidWW » Tue May 03, 2005 7:51 am

Dennis wrote:Jean. Thank you for the offer. For a while now I've been adding the cause of death to my data for future reference. Eventually I'd like to note the incidence of infectious and environmental causes of death to see if any patterns reveal themselves for particular families, parishes, etc.

dennis
Dennis

If you can lay your hands on copies of the Registrar General's annual reports in the years of interest you'll find a lot of such information.

Davie

CatrionaL

Post by CatrionaL » Thu May 05, 2005 6:58 pm

Hullo Dennis
I opened a separate family tree file with the cause of death entered in place of each persons given name. The Pedigree View of this tree gives a most interesting overview of illnesses encountered in the family.

Catriona