Brother to brother?.....

Birth, Marriage, Death

Moderator: Global Moderators

JustJean

Re: G&S

Post by JustJean » Tue May 17, 2005 6:50 pm

DavidWW wrote:
JustJean wrote:....snipped ...........Twas the Captain during a duet with Little Buttercup...Act 2....Song 14....in the aforementioned production of HMS Pinafore of course! ......snipped ............
Aye but wis that the original London production, or the "pirated" NY production ?? :?

Davie
Weel now I ken it must 'ave been during the late 50's when that guid Scots born Ann Drummond-Grant had a go with 'er contralto career....

Ah'm pretendin' ah didn't hear that reference to nefarious seizures in the US of A.....

JustJean

Post by JustJean » Tue May 17, 2005 6:58 pm

DTCWa wrote:Haw youse !!

I am a perfectly bootiful wee cat, long haired, with feline aristocratic connections in terms of a probable Burmese connection somewhere in my very recent ancestry, before I was rescued from a year living in the wild by my new humans, - sadly abandoned by my previous humans, - so just watch it, ken, in terms of how you refer to my brilliant wee name, otherwise I'll come across and mollicate you, ken, and be warned, my claws are very sharp.

D'Oyly The Cat Webster
Haw D'Oyly....it wisnae ye ur yer fine name that wiz givin' me the wee furball in mah throcht.... :wink:....but that human you done found yersel...well...that 'uns a different story! You and me would get on jist fine 'cause I've got a grand soft spot for wee stray felines.

AnneM
Global Moderator

Post by AnneM » Wed May 18, 2005 9:22 am

It was again the cat. That's right it was the cat!

Anne
Anne
Researching M(a)cKenzie, McCammond, McLachlan, Kerr, Assur, Renton, Redpath, Ferguson, Shedden, Also Oswald, Le/assels/Lascelles, Bonning just for starters

DavidWW

Post by DavidWW » Wed May 18, 2005 1:25 pm

http://www.nydailynews.com/city_life/bi ... 0111c.html

I rest my case :!: :!:

And there are many more references to be found via Google and the like .......

Davie