help required

Parish Records and other sources

Moderator: Global Moderators

natae

help required

Post by natae » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:39 am

Trying to find a death for Alexander Geddes app 1835-1840 according to alot of trees I have looked at they all state he married around 1818 in Scotland & died in Scotland even though kids where born Tyrone Ireland I have searched every where I can think of with no luck was thinking maybe fresh eyes might have better luck Alex's parents suppose to be John Geddes & Mary Black any help great appreciated

Alan SHARP

Re: help required

Post by Alan SHARP » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:32 am

Greetings Natae.

May I suggest that you place the name Alexander GEDDES in the search box at the top of the page. It will take you to the forum postings of others researching those names.

Alan SHARP.

nelmit

Post by nelmit » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:51 am

natae wrote:Trying to find a death for Alexander Geddes app 1835-1840 according to alot of trees I have looked at they all state he married around 1818 in Scotland & died in Scotland even though kids where born Tyrone Ireland I have searched every where I can think of with no luck was thinking maybe fresh eyes might have better luck Alex's parents suppose to be John Geddes & Mary Black any help great appreciated

Hi Natae,

A bit more info might help - why are you asking about Alexander Geddes - do you have a link to somebody of that name? If so what info do you have that is definite.

There is a marriage of a John Geddes and Mary Black in 1809 so It's unlikely they had a son who married in 1818. There is also no sign of an Alexander being born to this couple although there may be another couple with the same names who don't appear on the IGI.

Let us know what you have and we'll try and help.

Regards,
Annette

natae

Post by natae » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:52 am

Alexander married Martha Taylor their daughter Mary Ann married Henry Cragg i'm a grgrgr granddaughter of this couple i have Mary Ann Craggs death cert and it has parents Alexander geddes and Martha Taylor as parents the info I'm going on from Alexander back is info from other members of the Craig family
Last edited by natae on Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

natae

Post by natae » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:18 pm

Alexander and Martha also had 2 sons john and Samuel as far as i know all born tyrone Ireland Alexander is a farmer according to Mary Ann death cert Mary Ann born app 1830 according to 1841 census cumberland england Martha is still a geddes in 1851 census she is Martha cooper (remarried and widowed in this time) and living with her daughter Mary Ann and son inlaw Henry cragg Martha moved to Australia with them in 1859

nelmit

Post by nelmit » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:54 pm

Hi natae,

I've had a wee look at the online tree suggesting the Aberdeen connection but in my opinion it's not correct.

I think you're going to have your work cut out trying to prove where Alexander was born - in all probability it would have been Tyrone but even then you can't be sure. :(

This is only my opinion mind you and perhaps you know something that proves otherwise. Maybe somebody else will come up with other ideas.

Regards,
Annette

natae

Post by natae » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:50 am

Thanks for the help alot of what i have has been supplied by other geddes family members the info that goes back a bit future than Alexander suppose to come from a genealogy researcher