Illegible (to me) posted images

Items of general interest

Moderators: Global Moderators, Pandabean

Dennis

Illegible (to me) posted images

Post by Dennis » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:59 pm

Hello.

I just posted 2 images, one is Bridget Moen's 2nd marriage in 1933 there is a note that I can only make out divorce at bottom (should there be a divorce document available)?

The other image has the informant at her death in 1958 of which I can't make out the name of her son.

Thank you. dennis
Names of interest: Lennox McKenna Airth Skirving Veitch Laird Drysdale Bennett Colledge Baird Blades Barker Dow Mitchell Perkins Rielly Stewart Tulloch Wright Ure, Ritch Richardson, Whyte
Places of Interest: Dunbarney, Forfar, East London (S.Africa)

rossm

Re: Illegible (to me) posted images

Post by rossm » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:25 pm

Hi,

The note on the first reads "against whom she obtained Decree of Divorce". I'd have thought there would be an RCE entry against her original marriage if this was the case.

Not at all clear about the son's name. Is it just a single name? I did think Herbert, but why no surname?

Ross

Russell

Post by Russell » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:11 pm

Hi Dennis
I agree with Ross about the Decree of divorce but wondered if the name of the son was H. Clark. :?:

Russell
Working on: Oman, Brock, Miller/Millar, in Caithness.
Roan/Rowan, Hastings, Sharp, Lapraik in Ayr & Kirkcudbrightshire.
Johnston, Reside, Lyle all over the place !
McGilvray(spelt 26 different ways)
Watson, Morton, Anderson, Tawse, in Kilrenny

Dennis

Post by Dennis » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:25 pm

Hi. I'm thinking that since she didn't have any children with husband #1 then #2 John Clark, is a good choice for the surname. There are a couple of people who fit that name and since they married in 1933 and she was a widow when she passed in '58 then the informant is possibly still living; I'll have to order a couple of certificates to try and get the right one.

Thanks to you both. dennis
Names of interest: Lennox McKenna Airth Skirving Veitch Laird Drysdale Bennett Colledge Baird Blades Barker Dow Mitchell Perkins Rielly Stewart Tulloch Wright Ure, Ritch Richardson, Whyte

Dennis

Post by Dennis » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:29 pm

Hi.

Found the RCE, it was with the 1st marriage.

Thanks. dennis