China .....

India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, China, Siberia, Far East

Moderator: Global Moderators

DavidWW

Re: China

Post by DavidWW » Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:37 pm

DavidWW wrote:I've submitted a contact form to ScotlandsPeople reporting this error, and should receive the correct image in a few days, - it looks like an indexing error as the number of the record in the image matches that in the index, but it's the wrong folk, - i.e. the correct record will be a different number in the Old Machar marriage register.
The copy arrived today!

First time I've seen the place of marriage as a Coast Guard Station :!: , - in this case at Bridge of Don.

The marriage register entry confirms James', a Share Broker, parents as Charles GEORGE, Share Broker and Jessie GEORGE MS McINTOSH.

The Coast Guard connection is that her father, Thomas Berry GLOVER, was a Chief Offcier in the Coast Guard.

Davie

Lizzie

Post by Lizzie » Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:02 pm

Thanks Davie, this ties in with what I have been on about for the past couple of days! He would have been brother in law of the little girl from the Highlands if his brother had been allowed to marry her!

Lizzie

paddyscar
Site Admin

Post by paddyscar » Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:17 am

Lizzie:

You may be interested in McConnachy's query posted today:

http://talkingscot.com/forum/viewtopic. ... oast+guard

Frances
John Kelly (b 22 Sep 1897) eldest child of John Kelly & Christina Lipsett Kelly of Glasgow

ik3_1

James George & Glovers

Post by ik3_1 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:16 pm

Hello

I noticed your post some time ago but I am now also looking at the George and Glover families, the link being through TBG's brother, ie Charles and his wife. I have some information from a recent Registrar visit re James & Martha's children and from census searches, it looks like a James George was staying at Forsyth's Hotel in Aberdeen at the time of the 1871 census whilst Martha and the children were at the Bridge of Don. I wonder if you have got any further with James George's death? I noted there was mention of an insurance policy and wonder if you managed to find out if this had been paid out on James' death. Would be very willing to share what info I have. Recently found TBG Sen grave in St Peter's Cemetery in Aberdeen and I believe Charles George & Jessie McIntosh are buried in The Spital, St Peter's in Aberdeen though could not find a gravestone.
Regards
Kathleen