TS PowerPoint Presentation

Items of general interest

Moderators: Global Moderators, Pandabean

TSAG
Site Admin

TS PowerPoint Presentation

Post by TSAG » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:30 pm

TalkingScot is pleased to introduce a Power Point Presentation submitted to the board by Drew Davidson a member and former AG member of TalkingScot.

We highly recommend that all members of TalkingScot take a few minutes to review this presentation and if anyone has any questions or comments, please post a message or you could e-mail or pm any Moderator or Adminstrator of TalkingScot.

Power Point or a similar viewing program will be required to view this presentation. To view, click on the TS Powerpoint Presentation button located at the top of this page.

TSAG

marilyn morning
Global Moderator

Post by marilyn morning » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:45 pm

Hi TS Members,

Has everyone had the opportunity to view this PPP? Did you find it helpful or does anyone have any questions?

Regards

Marilyn
Current Chair of TS

tishgibbons

Post by tishgibbons » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:22 pm

Hi Marilyn,

yes I just took a look at it today. I had tried previously but couldn't seem to get beyond the first slide. It's really good and must be a great help to first time visitors - and others, I found things I hadn't seen before.

Just one question - if you visit the site for the first time or if you want to register, are you automatically directed to it? It's so helpful I think people should see it before they start using the Forum.

Regards and job well done,

Tish
Researching Mitchell Grassick Bowman Farquharson Wilson Allanach Leys Coutts Gauld McNerney from Crathie and Braemar, Strathdon and Glenbuchat and who moved on to Aberdeen, Glasgow, Ireland, Australia, India, Canada.

Ina
Global Moderator

Post by Ina » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:38 pm

Hi Tish,

When I send out the welcome emails to new members, I now make mention of our PPP.

However, we don't send out welcome emails to those members who join and post right away. Perhaps the AG needs to look into directing those members to our PPP.

Regards,

Ina

wini

Power Point Presentation

Post by wini » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:51 am

I have tried on a couple of occasions but nothing has come up. Maybe I am not giving it enough time to download, even although we have satellite broadband it isn't very fast.
Will try again tonight.

wini
Munro, McPhee, Gunn, Reid, McCreadie, Jackson, Cree, McFarland,Gillies,Gebbie,McCallum,Dawson
Glasgow, Durness,Kilmuir via Uig, Logie Easter
Old Monkland

tishgibbons

Post by tishgibbons » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:13 pm

Yes Wini, I had the same problem initially and then it just worked!

Tish
Researching Mitchell Grassick Bowman Farquharson Wilson Allanach Leys Coutts Gauld McNerney from Crathie and Braemar, Strathdon and Glenbuchat and who moved on to Aberdeen, Glasgow, Ireland, Australia, India, Canada.

ninatoo

Post by ninatoo » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:53 am

I had to click on each page to see it, which I thought wasn't necessary with Powerpoint.

May I respectfully suggest that the examples on each page are too small to read?

Nina
Researching: Easton ( Renfrewshire, Dunbarton and Glasgow), Corr (Londonderry and Glasgow), Carson (Co. Down, Irvine, Ayrshire and Glasgow), Logan (Londonderry and Glasgow)

wini

POWER POINT PREESENTATION

Post by wini » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:27 am

Mine worked last night so it must have been me.
I agree with the examples being a bit small.
If you are already a memeber you know what they are,, but for a new member it may be difficult.

wini
Munro, McPhee, Gunn, Reid, McCreadie, Jackson, Cree, McFarland,Gillies,Gebbie,McCallum,Dawson
Glasgow, Durness,Kilmuir via Uig, Logie Easter
Old Monkland

ellenavon

Post by ellenavon » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:06 pm

I'm afraid I can't get the presentation to open either. I click on the link, the screen flickers, then stays on the thread screen.

Am nosey now - want to know what I'm missing!!

Ellen.
Researching: Grant; MacIntosh; Wright; Parley; Souter; Jaffray; Sangster; all North East & Speyside and Sutherland, Glasgow then Sutherland County; Buchanan, Stirlingshire; Lamond, North East; Stronach, Morayshire to name but a few!

paddyscar
Site Admin

Post by paddyscar » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:54 pm

Hi Everyone:

The Admin group is reviewing what can be done to address the concerns raised about the TS PowerPoint Presentation.

In the meantime, here's a solution that may work for some who would like a larger version. It really won't let you see the entire screen with the banner and crest, but it will allow for larger text and larger TS screen examples.

To check to see if you have Powerpoint:
  • 1) click on the START button on the task bar;
    2) move your cursor to ALL PROGRAMS in the pop-up window; another window will appear listing all your programs;
    3) move your cursor to Microsoft Office; a window will show you if you have PowerPoint installed
To download the presentation to your PC and adjust the zoom:
  • 1) Click on the PPP button at the top of this TalkingScot page.
    2) Choose 'SAVE' in the pop- up box.
    3) Your PC directory will pop up; choose where you want to save the file.
Now that the presentation is saved to your desktop, open the TS PPP file.
  • 1) On the toolbar, click VIEW.
    2) Click on zoom and enter 120 in the percentage box and click OK.
    3) On the toolbar, click VIEW SHOW
    4) Click START SHOW
Frances