save

Items of general interest

Moderators: Global Moderators, Pandabean

hg

save

Post by hg » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:12 pm

Can anyone please tell me how I can save census information from sp so I can upload it to be looked at on ts?

many thanks

Helen
researching Glacken, in Edinburgh and Glasgow and Ireland, McCartney and McAnally in Glasgow, Belli in Italy and Edinburgh, O'farrel in Tyrone and edinburgh, Mchendrie, Dawson and Findlay from Banff then Edinburgh, Main in Edinburgh. Mcdonald.

AndrewP
Site Admin

Post by AndrewP » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:56 pm

Hi Helen,

In ScotlandsPeople, go to My Details and set your Image Viewer to Direct Download. After that, when you go to view an image, one of the options is to save the image. Save it to your PC - noting where it is saved.

From there, on TalkingScot, upload it to the Gallery using the instructions given in viewtopic.php?t=6496 (How to...? / Adding an image - Uploading an image to the gallery).

All the best,

AndrewP

hg

Post by hg » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:28 pm

thanks Andrew,

I think I have uploaded the file. Is there any way I can check its there?
Sorry if it's obvious but I only just started using the web at the same time I started my research last December.

many thanks again

Helen
researching Glacken, in Edinburgh and Glasgow and Ireland, McCartney and McAnally in Glasgow, Belli in Italy and Edinburgh, O'farrel in Tyrone and edinburgh, Mchendrie, Dawson and Findlay from Banff then Edinburgh, Main in Edinburgh. Mcdonald.

AndrewP
Site Admin

Post by AndrewP » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:30 pm

Hi Helen,

For some reason, the upload has not worked, see the PM I have sent to you.

All the best,

AndrewP

hg

Post by hg » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:33 pm

Hi Andrew,

please ignore my last posting, I should have finished reading the instructions.

The only thing I did not do was say which person on the census I would like some help with.

Helen

hg

Post by hg » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:43 pm

Hi Andrew,

Me again. I got your pm (after wondering for a few minutes what a pm was) told you I am very new at all this.

I have tried uploading it again. Hop it was successful this time.

Helen [-o<

AndrewP
Site Admin

Post by AndrewP » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:09 pm

Hi Helen,

Alas, no luck this time either. See PM #2.

All the best,

AndrewP

AndrewP
Site Admin

Post by AndrewP » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:26 pm

Hi Helen,

That's the image uploaded. I will put the link in your post.

All the best,

AndrewP

hg

Post by hg » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:30 pm

thanks very much for your help Andrew.

Helen