How can I find where in Ireland GGF came from

Items of general interest

Moderators: Global Moderators, Pandabean

Researcher46

Re: How can I find where in Ireland GGF came from

Post by Researcher46 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:52 pm

I will have to look into the Poor Law lists . Scotlands people may have it online. See where else it may be

jgmills

Post by jgmills » Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:22 am

Sadly no Scotlandspeople don't have it. Years ago Glasgow & West of Scotland Family History Society (GWSFHS) indexed the poor law, I know many members were volunteering in the Mitchell Transcribing the whole poor law, but was slow and time consuming, not sure where that project had got to.

Sadly at the moment a lot of Family History Societies are not open due to pandemic, because you could have asked GWSFHS if they could look up to see if your family appear. They are allowed to use the index they created but not publish it - copyright rules.

Researcher46

Post by Researcher46 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:57 am

Well my thanks to everyone. It has been a question for a long time and who knows what other sources will become available in the future. When I began the family search it was a long while back and all done with mail. So again my thanks, I will follow up on the suggested sources to see if I can find a clue, after all my middle name is actually Holmes

Dan