Time To Move On !!

Items of general interest

Moderators: Global Moderators, Pandabean

sheilajim

Post by sheilajim » Tue May 29, 2007 6:39 pm

David

Thank you so much for your work with TS. We will all miss you very much. :cry: I don't know how far along in my genealogical search I would be without the help of TS and its generous members. In my opinion, there is no other genealogical site as good as this one. [talkingscot]

After you have taken a much needed rest, I selfishly hope that you will return. Whatever your decision, I wish you all the best.

Cheers [cheers]
Sheila

DavidWW

Post by DavidWW » Tue May 29, 2007 7:41 pm

Very many thanks to everyone for their very kind comments.

As I noted, I'll still be about, but much more on the basis of when a post/thread interests me as opposed to "TSAG" duties, - see for example my most recent 3 posts :wink: ....

Never mind that I can't guarantee that I'll be logging in to TS every day, especially when other activities, such as retiring from full time employment, selling our current house, spouse similarly retiring in 8 weeks, and downsizing to something much more appropriate; never mind "disappearing" for a long weekend, or longer now and then :!: :shock: , especially if we just happen to take a fancy to a short or long weekend in Rome (the guid lady's alltime favourite so far, with Stockholm a close second, but then I have contacts based on living and working there for 6 years :lol: ), never mind all those other quite fascinating European locations opened up by RyanAir, EasyJet and others ........

Never mind similar opporchancities now and opening up in the future for N America, and the Far East ...........

David

Anne H
Global Moderator

Post by Anne H » Tue May 29, 2007 8:10 pm

Hi David,

I'd like to join the others in expressing my thanks and appreciation for the tremendous effort and time you and the others have given so freely to get Talking Scot up and running and ensuring that it continues to run smoothly.

I have gained a wealth of knowledge from your expertise, not only from answering any query I may have posed but I've also learned so much from other posts you have answered.

I know it must be extremely hard for anyone in the AG, so enjoy your well deserved break...but hope you won't stay away too long :)

Best Wishes and [cheers] [scotland-flag]

Anne H

pinkshoes

Post by pinkshoes » Tue May 29, 2007 9:48 pm

never mind "disappearing" for a long weekend, or longer now and then , especially if we just happen to take a fancy to a short or long weekend in Rome
Perhaps if TS had the equivalent of Trevi Fountain and we all threw in a coin with David's name on it, he'd be certain to return here often. :D

I'm throwing in my coin with David's name emblazened - sincere thanks for all the answers you've given to my often niave posts. Enjoy your retirement - sounds like you don't intend to loaf aboot the hoose!

Best wishes
Pinkshoes

maceill

david ww

Post by maceill » Tue May 29, 2007 9:55 pm

So sorry your leaving, but for your help, at the start of the :cry: search for my ancestors, i would be at a standstill.For your patience and knowledge
a BIG THANKYOU and many many thanks
good luck
maceill

Thrall

Post by Thrall » Tue May 29, 2007 10:11 pm

Hi David; thank you for all you have done to make TS a quality site which, as far as I am aware, is unequalled.

Enjoy the break, and HASTE YE BACK

Thrall

Pandabean

Post by Pandabean » Tue May 29, 2007 11:06 pm

I am sorry to hear that you are leaving. Without this forum I doubt I would be as far as I am now with my family tree, same with many others on here. Your help has been extremely greatful. It was actually great to see the man behind the name when we met up in Edinburgh for the Irish Lecture a few months ago.

From my time here I have gained alot of knowledge on family history and have always been interested in reading your replies to some of the queries that are made by members on a day to day basis.

I hope that you have a great time with what you plan to do and I do hope that you don't disappear completely from the forum. Might have to try and tempt you back more often with some whisky ;) [5 cups] But seriously have fun with what you plan to do and thank you very much. :)

All the best for what you wish to do and [cheers] ,
Andy
Andy
[size=75]
[b]McDonald[/b]
[b]Greenlees & Fairnie[/b] (Musselburgh area)
[b]Johnston, Whitson, Whitecross, Runciman [/b] (Haddingtonshire)
[b]Rutherford [/b](Dumbartonshire, Airth & Larbert)
[b]Ross, Stevenson & Robb[/b](Falkirk)[/size]

fmackay

Post by fmackay » Wed May 30, 2007 5:43 am

I would also like to say a big thanks as you helped me a great deal with army records for one of my Morrison clan. The information was far more than I would ever have found by myself.

Enjoy your retirement! [scotland-flag]
Looking for
Mackay Morrison Manson - Sutherland
Bain Sinclair Gunn Henderson Levack Dunnet Lyall More Corner Miller-Caithness
Wylie Brown Louttit Banks Hourston Spence Drever Bews Irvine Whitelaw/Whitelay Linklater - Orkney

maggie

Post by maggie » Wed May 30, 2007 8:45 am

Hello David
i too would like to thank you for everything that you have done to make TS the best site around ,more than once you have turned on the "big light" :lol: in my searches from your answers to me ,and from my reading of your posts to others.
I hope that you enjoy your well deserved break from the helm,and i wish you all the very best with your new adventures.
thanks once again
kind regards
maggie

Alison Plenderleith

Post by Alison Plenderleith » Wed May 30, 2007 11:49 am

Hello David,

Sorry to hear you're leaving :cry: , but glad to know you'll still be looking in from time to time :D .

I was so happy when I found TS after the demise of the SP discussion group, and am grateful to all the founders.

Many thanks for all the help you have given me on both SP and here,

With very best wishes,

Alison [cheers]