What every Family Historian wants for Christmas.....

Stories memories and people

Moderators: Global Moderators, AnneM

joette
Global Moderator

What every Family Historian wants for Christmas.....

Post by joette » Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:56 pm

Inspired by the Halloween Party I am now looking forward to Christmas & if a good fairy gave me lots of presents heres my list
1.A two week lock-in at New Register House with Donny Osmond for company-he's an expert in Family History & thats the only reason.
2.A wee time traveling thingie so that I can go & visit the relies that are giving me **** & ask them myself"who the heck are your parents,where the h were you born &" oh & by the way why on earth did you say you were dead when you were living up the road with that floosie"
3.A self-typing computer-linked to my brain which will type out my every..no hang on a minute,will type out my selected thoughts.
4A bionic eye so that I can read the writing on some of the submissions & a another wee trip back to gub the Census enumerator with the worst handwriting in the World.
5 A wee chance to see all the relies that folk have talked about & the chance to speak to the ones Ive known to ask them some Questions & remind that I still love & think of them.
6 a photo identicator which will give names,family relationships to every photo I possess.
Whats on your list?
Researching:SCOTT,Taylor,Young,VEITCH LINLEY,MIDLOTHIAN
WADDELL,ROSS,TORRANCE,GOVAN/DALMUIR/Clackmanannshire
CARR/LEITCH-Scotland,Ireland(County Donegal)
LINLEY/VEITCH-SASK.Canada
ALSO BROWN,MCKIMMIE,MCDOWALL,FRASER.
Greer/Grier,Jenkins/Jankins

AnnetteR

Post by AnnetteR » Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:17 pm

Hi Joette

Absolutely all of the above!

Cheers

Annette R
-----------------------------------------------------
Researching in Fife: Wilson, Ramsay, Cassels/Carswell, Lindsay, Millar, Bowman and many others.
In Glasgow and West of Scotland: Aitchison, Wilkinson, Keenan, Black, Kinloch and Leiper.

Merlot
Global Moderator

Post by Merlot » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:37 pm

Joette,

I think you've covered my wish list too, especially 1 & 2, lol

Merlot
Researching:- Cameron, McMillan, Gray, McLean, More, Hastie, McLiver, Dunipace.....

LesleyB

Post by LesleyB » Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:12 pm

Hi all
See for that two week lock-in - forget Donny, I think we'd need some decent outside caterers, don't you? :lol:

Do you know a good supplier of those "photo identicator" thingies?
Best wishes
Lesley

JustJean

Post by JustJean » Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:34 pm

I understand there is a lovely wee pub just round from the entrance to NRH...perhaps a nip in there from time to time could keep a person fortified. :D I'm all for the veto on Donny.....he's just not my idea of entertainment [-(

ellenavon

Post by ellenavon » Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:48 pm

You can keep Donny (Osmond that is ... I'd better watch hubbies not reading this, as he's Don/Donny too! Not that he'd thank you for a family history lock in - a couple of hours hanging about Elgin library while I was engrossed was enough for him!).

But I'm with you on the rest!

Ellen.
Researching: Grant; MacIntosh; Wright; Parley; Souter; Jaffray; Sangster; all North East & Speyside and Sutherland, Glasgow then Sutherland County; Buchanan, Stirlingshire; Lamond, North East; Stronach, Morayshire to name but a few!

Merlot
Global Moderator

Post by Merlot » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:02 pm

Jean,

Hopefully, Donny wouldn't sing, he'd be an aid to all things LDS. Maybe we could arrange for him to bring all the CD's with him (LDS only). Since it's a lock- in the caterers could supply the drinks (Donny's T-Total so that's ok).
Think I'm getting carried away with this. I'm off for a lie down. :oops:

Merlot
Researching:- Cameron, McMillan, Gray, McLean, More, Hastie, McLiver, Dunipace.....

ASGROOMBRIDGE

RE lOCK IN

Post by ASGROOMBRIDGE » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:59 pm

I am all for Donny as he really knows his LDS stuff heard him on the radio talking about what they do with all our info. Perhaps a lock in with links to Download onto our own computers or is that asking to much. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Audrey
Looking for McGowan Anderson Fleming Sommerville Waddell in Lanarkshire. Semple Murray Baird Thompson Hutchinson in Annan Dumfriesshire Baird and Hutchinson also in Kirkinner Wigtonshire and Semple family of Annan Glasgow and Edinburgh

DavidWW

Post by DavidWW » Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:46 am

Following an architectural students' visit y'day which I helped set up, I now know how to get out onto the roof, so we could have a barbecue :!:

David

LesleyB

Post by LesleyB » Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:49 am

Can we have a certain well known Italian deli in Edinburgh deliver lots of goodies for the barbie please?? :) (they are just around the corner so handy if we find we need more supplies!) Sounds good... if maybe a bit damp and chilly on the roof at this time of year!

Best wishes
Lesley