Scottish Movies

Stories memories and people

Moderators: Global Moderators, AnneM

Tracey
Global Moderator

Post by Tracey » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:22 pm

Thanks, romantic notion resumed :D
Scotland - Donaldson / Moggach / Shaw / Geddes / Sim / Gray / Mackie / Richards / Joel / Coull / Mckimmie / Panton / McGregor
Ireland and Scotland - Casey / McDade / Phillips / McCandle / Dinely / Comaskey + various spellings

nelmit

Post by nelmit » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:58 pm

Tracey wrote:Where was that fab Scottish beach with the shooting stars on Local Hero ?
I don't know about where the shooting stars were shot and I am sure Andrew is right about the telephone box but the beach scenes were shot on Camusdarach beach just along the road from where we had one of summer parties in Arisaig.
I have been there many times. If I remember correctly the 'church' was specially built although don't quote me on that one

Annette M

Tracey
Global Moderator

Post by Tracey » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:06 pm

You are so lucky to be living somewhere breath takingly beautiful. Id give up London and be there in a shot if it was possible, but im not giving up hope - yet :wink:
Scotland - Donaldson / Moggach / Shaw / Geddes / Sim / Gray / Mackie / Richards / Joel / Coull / Mckimmie / Panton / McGregor
Ireland and Scotland - Casey / McDade / Phillips / McCandle / Dinely / Comaskey + various spellings

nelmit

Post by nelmit » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:10 pm

Tracey wrote:You are so lucky to be living somewhere breath takingly beautiful. Id give up London and be there in a shot if it was possible, but im not giving up hope - yet :wink:
It is beautiful Tracey - I never get tired of visiting the area.

Annette M

Tracey
Global Moderator

Post by Tracey » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:18 pm

Your making me jealous now. Although nothing compared........... some London buildings do make me stop and the Embankment and the River Thames on a cold winter morning is a fantastic sight but i would happily swop it :wink:

Dennis

Post by Dennis » Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:43 am

Now you've got me wondering about the movie where some guy has won a lottery but dies and a couple of his pals try to convince the lottery fella that he is alive, then the whole village finds out and wants a share.

dennis
Names of interest: Lennox McKenna Airth Skirving Veitch Laird Drysdale Bennett Colledge Baird Blades Barker Dow Mitchell Perkins Rielly Stewart Tulloch Wright Ure, Ritch Richardson, Whyte
Places of Interest: Dunbarney, Forfar, East London (S.Africa)

Merlot
Global Moderator

Post by Merlot » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:10 am

Isn't that Waking Ned?
Think it's an Irish film.

Merlot
Researching:- Cameron, McMillan, Gray, McLean, More, Hastie, McLiver, Dunipace.....

Davie

Post by Davie » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:50 am

Correct Merlot
Waking Ned Devine, very funny.
Here are one or two I have on DVD, that I would recommend.
Orphans
Young Adam
Sweet Sixteen
Ratcatcher
Dear Frankie (the Grandkids love it)
http://www.miramax.com/dearfrankie/
Riff Raff
The Maggie
Geordie
Whisky Galore
And of course Brigadoon
plus several other historic documentaries
Battle of Bannockburn, Stirling Bridge, The Scottish Soldier at War, and two on Culloden.
One of my boays (in ther' thirties)favouites. is
"So I married an Axe Murderer"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108174/

DavidWW

Post by DavidWW » Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:04 pm

And whit aboot "Rockets Galore!" !!

David

Dennis

Post by Dennis » Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:42 pm

The great film: Trainspotting :)

dennis
Last edited by Dennis on Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Names of interest: Lennox McKenna Airth Skirving Veitch Laird Drysdale Bennett Colledge Baird Blades Barker Dow Mitchell Perkins Rielly Stewart Tulloch Wright Ure, Ritch Richardson, Whyte
Places of Interest: Dunbarney, Forfar, East London (S.Africa)