Where did you hear of TalkingScot? (2006)

TalkingScot asks its members...

Moderator: Global Moderators

DiDi

Market Research...20006.

Post by DiDi » Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:04 am

Another helpful member of Genes Reunited who lives in Australia suggested I would find your website excellent, which I wholeheartedly concur. I'm hoping to write a family history on both sides of my family & feel your sight will be extremely valuable in achieving my dream.
Congratulations to one and all. DiDi NZ

CatrionaL

Post by CatrionaL » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:27 pm

Didi

May I give you a warm welcome to Talking Scot. Glad you joined us!

Enjoy your research

Catriona

rdem

Post by rdem » Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:24 pm

I responded to a query on the Glasgow Guide board, and my favourite old axiom was proved once again ( what goes around comes around!) when that someone told me about this site and now I feel that I was repaid tenfold for the help that I was able to offer.
I really enjoy this site and I am glad to contribute where I can and that is modest in comparison to what I see here daily. Again I have had some breakthroughs by the help I have received. Brava and Bravo to all.
Dempsey, Bon(n)ar, Brown, O'Donnell (2), Morgan, McDonald, McNeillis, Graham, Moor, Gallocher, Donnelly, Dougan.
Hampton, Stewart (2), Wilson (2), Main, Thomson, MacPherson, Thaw, Watson, Barclay, Kinloch, Brand (2) Murray, Harper. Edward(s) Nicol

vickory

Post by vickory » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:45 am

I had a great, if brief, time on The ScotlandsPeople forum when I first began my venture into family history.... now I've progressed a little & found another bunch of Scots to chase, but the forum had disappeared. :(
I emailed a lady in OZ that had helped me a great deal previously & she pointed me here :)

Already have had some valuable help, thanks Jack ! & JustJean too.

I don't know enough yet to help others very much but I do point people in this direction now & appreciate the efforts of those here helping newbies like me.

Very Happy to have been sent here.
Regards, Vicki. :D

chrysaliskey

Genes Reunited

Post by chrysaliskey » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:29 am

Hi , I heard about this site through another member of the "GenesReunited' site. 8)
Cheers
Anji

CatrionaL

Post by CatrionaL » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:44 am

Anji

May I give you a warm welcome to Talking Scot. Hope you find lots of information to help you in your research.

Regards

Catriona

bryoung

Post by bryoung » Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:20 pm

Andrew,

I was introduced by an existing member whom I met through contact made in Genes reunited.

SarahND
Site Admin

Post by SarahND » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:04 am

Catriona,
We "met" on David's Scottish Genealogy course 3 years ago and, if I remember correctly, exchanged bilingual children stories. I can't believe that I only just found out about this site, and that in a roundabout way: Today I received a newsletter from the New England Historic Genealogical Society (NEHGS), which mentioned genealogist David Lambert's blog. I went to his blog and read some of the entries, one of which mentioned TalkingScot.com Since I spend large chunks of my life (and income) on Scotlands People :D , I don't know how I managed to remain ignorant of this resource. Oh well, better late than never!
Sarah

CatrionaL

Post by CatrionaL » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:24 am

Hi Sarah

And welcome to Talking Scot. Glad you found us at last.

Yes I remember one particular story about your son (?) Had some idea that he was being tri-lingual on that occasion. :D

Hope you have been making encouraging progress in your research and that TS will turn out to be helpful with brick-wall bashing.

Kind regards

Catriona

marzipan

Post by marzipan » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:45 am

Hi I found this site through Scotland,s People and so glad i did.I,m new to family history,already finding lots of helpful info.just reading your posts.