Where did you hear of TalkingScot? (2007)

TalkingScot asks its members...

Moderator: Global Moderators

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:46 pm

Hi there Anmariuk

Welcome to TalkingScot and thank-you for letting us know how you found out about us.
Post your problems, puzzles and possibles and we will do our best to track them down.

Russell
Working on: Oman, Brock, Miller/Millar, in Caithness.
Roan/Rowan, Hastings, Sharp, Lapraik in Ayr & Kirkcudbrightshire.
Johnston, Reside, Lyle all over the place !
McGilvray(spelt 26 different ways)
Watson, Morton, Anderson, Tawse, in Kilrenny

Rachel

the prodigals' return

Post by Rachel » Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:08 pm

:D Welcome to all those newcomers and to any like myself who got lost in the contortions of joining broadband with a new computer. I feel like someone who got lost in a jungle but finally made it back to civilisation.
:lol: :lol: :lol: hip hip hello old friends.
rachel
searching. McFeeters,Finlayson,Baillie,Carey,Young,Fiskin and Lone/Loan Ireland,Scotland Glasgow and Perth.
Finlayson and Cooksley Chelsea Kensington and Somerset.

HeatherH
Global Moderator

Post by HeatherH » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:19 pm

Howdie Rachel,
Glad you made it back from the jungle.
HeatherH
Looking for ...but not limited to Haldane ,Keir ,McLauchlan ,Walker ,Torrance , Reid ,Clark ,Johnstone ,Holmes ,Laurie ,Lawrie ,Strachan , McIlwee ,Welsh ,Queate ,Stewert ,McNight ,Steele ,Cockburn ,Young ....whew! That's more than enough for now.

paddyscar
Site Admin

Post by paddyscar » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:12 am

Welcome Anmariuk, to TalkingScot.

We look forward to your postings and will be happy to help wherever we can.

Frances
John Kelly (b 22 Sep 1897) eldest child of John Kelly & Christina Lipsett Kelly of Glasgow

skinnernz

Post by skinnernz » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:44 am

Thank you for the welcome. I was led to the site by joining Aberdeen Family History society.

Researching Skinner, Durris; Chapel of Garioch; Fetternear; New Zealand and Australia

George Skinner married Janet Shand
son John married Anne Lowe
son Arthur married Jane Grant - and emigrated to New Zealand along with the surviving 10 of 12 children.

Skinnernz

catlady462

Where Did I find the site

Post by catlady462 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:39 am

I am in America and just purchased a British mag called "Your Family Tree" in checking out there web site there was a reference to "talkingscot". I was very excited to find this, as I've finally been able to trace my family to Scotland ...and now the fun begins. Great site!

Ruth
USA

SarahND
Site Admin

Post by SarahND » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:21 am

Hi Ruth!
Welcome to Talking Scot! :D There are lots of knowledgeable people on this forum who will be happy to try to puzzle out any family mysteries you may have in Scotland! If you haven't already, check out the "How to..." section and the "Tips to help your searching". If you have any problems or questions, please post them and we'll try to help.
Aren't you lucky to have finally been able to make the leap back to Scotland-- I have several lines that have been taken all the way back to the east coast of the U.S. and then... stuck :( Just can't figure out who was the immigrant... yet :wink:
All the best,
Sarah

casserole

Post by casserole » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:06 pm

I found 'talkingscot' whilst messing about on 'scotlandspeople' not so long ago and since then I have had invaluable help. Not only that I have learned something new everytime I login. Great site.

Thank you all,
Carole

HeatherH
Global Moderator

Post by HeatherH » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:37 pm

Welcome to Talking Scot Carole,
May all your brickwalls be quickly chipped away.
Happy Hunting,
HeatherH
Looking for ...but not limited to Haldane ,Keir ,McLauchlan ,Walker ,Torrance , Reid ,Clark ,Johnstone ,Holmes ,Laurie ,Lawrie ,Strachan , McIlwee ,Welsh ,Queate ,Stewert ,McNight ,Steele ,Cockburn ,Young ....whew! That's more than enough for now.

Roxy

Post by Roxy » Sun May 06, 2007 5:27 pm

I found out about the site from Dave's post on The Great War Forum. I'll have a quick look through and hope to join in at the earliest opportunity.

Roxy