Back to Anna Belli

Southern part of Great Britain

Moderator: Global Moderators

hg

Back to Anna Belli

Post by hg » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:45 pm

Hi,

Just been rooting around on Ancestry again for Anna. Could never find her death in London but, I have now found info in the electoral register for an Annie Belli in 1931 and an Ann Belli in 1934, both Fulham east and west, would need to upgrade my membership to see them. Does anyone know what details are held on English Electoral Registers?

many thanks

Helen
researching Glacken, in Edinburgh and Glasgow and Ireland, McCartney and McAnally in Glasgow, Belli in Italy and Edinburgh, O'farrel in Tyrone and edinburgh, Mchendrie, Dawson and Findlay from Banff then Edinburgh, Main in Edinburgh. Mcdonald.

SarahND
Site Admin

Re: Back to Anna Belli

Post by SarahND » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:06 pm

Hi Helen,
In both cases the index is linked to the wrong image :? At least I'm not finding her on the page that comes up… It is clear that the index has been made by Optical Character Recognition, since on the following page is Sage, Emily (Mrs.) as clear as day, but she is indexed as "Bnily Sage" :roll: In fact, to their credit, they admit same:

This index was created using text recognition software. Records were not transcribed.

The entry would give her address and the reason she was qualified to vote. For women this is:
Rw - Residence qualification
Bw - Business premises qualification
Ow - Occupation qualification
Dw - Qualification through husband's occupation

Don't know why I can't actually find her on the image :? I'll go have another cup of coffee and see if that helps! :lol:

All the best,
Sarah

hg

Post by hg » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:21 pm

Fingers crossed the coffee helps. :)
researching Glacken, in Edinburgh and Glasgow and Ireland, McCartney and McAnally in Glasgow, Belli in Italy and Edinburgh, O'farrel in Tyrone and edinburgh, Mchendrie, Dawson and Findlay from Banff then Edinburgh, Main in Edinburgh. Mcdonald.

SarahND
Site Admin

Post by SarahND » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:35 pm

Hi again,
I'm afraid the text recognition software has interpreted Nellie Rose Bilbo as Annie Belli in 1931 :( And the one in 1934 is probably something equally unhelpful. Sorry :(

At least you didn't waste any money signing up to look at them...

Best wishes,
Sarah

hg

Post by hg » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:43 pm

Hi Sarah,

Thank you very much for looking. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Helen

Currie

Post by Currie » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:48 pm

Hello Helen,

I just had a look at the passenger list index on FMP, AncestorsOnBoard, and there's an Anna Belli, age unknown, sailed in 1910 from Southampton to New York. Has this one been checked out in your previous threads about Anna?
http://www.ancestorsonboard.com/

Alan

nelmit

Post by nelmit » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:29 am

Currie wrote:Hello Helen,

I just had a look at the passenger list index on FMP, AncestorsOnBoard, and there's an Anna Belli, age unknown, sailed in 1910 from Southampton to New York. Has this one been checked out in your previous threads about Anna?
http://www.ancestorsonboard.com/

Alan
Hi Alan,

A look at the Ellis Island site ( http://www.ellisisland.org ) shows her as age 17, last place of residence was Italy.

Regards,
Annette

hg

Post by hg » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:25 am

Thanks Alan and Annette.

My Anna died in London around ww11 according to my uncle. Tried in vain to find her death details.
She would have been in Russia in 1910 if family stories are correct.

Probably put it away for a wee while and try again at a later date.

all the best

Helen