Disappeared ...

Canada, USA, Mexico, Central America, South America, Carribean

Moderator: Global Moderators

hbaird2

Disappeared ...

Post by hbaird2 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:38 pm

I am trying to trace any information regarding a person who seemingly emigrated from Scotland to Quebec in 1951 and has subsequently fallen off the planet - he never returned to Scotland to his family but had sisters already in Canada who came back for visits. Can anyone please suggest where I might find any information - it seems I have exhausted all possibilities currently online without success.

Thanks in advance.

WilmaM

Re: Disappeared ...

Post by WilmaM » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:19 pm

I take it that the descendants of the Canadian sisters' have been unable to help?
Have you found his departure on places like find my past or ancestry? that some times gives an address they are travelling to and an occupation.

Cyndi's list has a list of Canadian sites: https://www.cyndislist.com/canada/bmd/
but I've never tried to search much, not got around to he Canadian side branches yet.

He may be hiding under a change of name - purposefully or accidentally . Obituary for his parents? or those of his Canadian relations may mention him by name.

Throwing out suggestions, these slightly more modern folks aren't as easy to trace as the generations before them.
Wilma

hbaird2

Post by hbaird2 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:28 am

Thanks for that, Wilma.

I'll try Cyndis list again - was concentrating on city directories etc but no luck. I think he left Quebec and went to Ontario as his unusual surname crops up there much later ...Or, perhaps he was simply abducted by aliens.

Cheers,
H

WilmaM

Post by WilmaM » Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:08 pm

Unusual surnames are the best and worst to find! They stand out beautifully or are misspelled beyond recognition!
Wilma