Edzell House.....

The History and Geography of Auld Scotia

Moderators: Global Moderators, Russell

runepriest

Edzell House.....

Post by runepriest » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:45 pm

Greetings all!

I was wondering if anyone has a photograph of the "Edzell House". This is where my grandparents were married on 2 May 1919.

Also, does anyone know if this House contains any records, specifically marriage records?

Thanks in advance for any help

Brian

WilmaM

Post by WilmaM » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:17 pm

Hello Brian ,
welcome to Talking Scot.

Could you give us some idea of the location of Edzell House ?

It sounds familiar but I can't pin it down.
Wilma

nelmit

Re: Edzell House

Post by nelmit » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:38 pm

runepriest wrote:Greetings all!

I was wondering if anyone has a photograph of the "Edzell House". This is where my grandparents were married on 2 May 1919.

Also, does anyone know if this House contains any records, specifically marriage records?

Thanks in advance for any help

Brian
Hello and welcome Brian,

I'm sure someone will find Edzell House but meanwhile Photopolis has some photographs of Edzell.

http://www.dundeecity.gov.uk/photodb/

Regards,
Annette M

runepriest

Post by runepriest » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:09 pm

WilmaM wrote:Hello Brian ,
welcome to Talking Scot.

Could you give us some idea of <a href='http://67.15.154.58/cmapp/zx-hclick.php?hid=2' target='_blank'>the</a> location of Edzell House ?

It sounds familiar but I can't pin it down.
Thanks for the welcome!

As far as I know, Edzell House is located somewhere in the town of Edzell. According to an uncle, the house still exists, and was the location of his parents marriage. Beyond that, I don't have any other info.

Brian

Rosie K

Edzell

Post by Rosie K » Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:00 pm

Edzell is in Angus, I know it has a Castle called Edzell, and you will get it if you type in information on Edzell Castle Angus, It has quite a few photographs and it is a very beautiful place. If you do this you might get a few links that will help you to find Edzell house. Good Luck.

Rosie K

Edzell

Post by Rosie K » Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:51 pm

I phoned the Tourist Information and they say there is an Angus House in Edzell, it may have had marriage ceremonies the girl wasn't sure, anyway she gave me this number it is for Historic Scotland--you could give this a try. If it is Angus house I will try to send you a postcard of it if you like. Best wishes. 01356 648 631

runepriest

Edzell House

Post by runepriest » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:53 am

The only information I have on "Edzell House" is what my now deceased uncle told me. His parents were married in Edzell House.

Thanks for the phone number, but as I live in Canada, the call could get a little pricey :?

Do you have an address that I could write to instead?

If you can find a post card, I would appreciate it, as I know little about this town, only that my grandparents lived, and had family, there.

thanks.

Brian

Rosie K

Post by Rosie K » Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:07 pm

Sorry Brian I didn't notice you were in Canada, this is a good site with some photographs of Edzell, go to the first one on the list as it has a lot of information and then you can look at the rest, I hope this helps. Cheers.www.undiscovered Scotland.co.uk

runepriest

Edzell House

Post by runepriest » Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:43 am

Thanks for the link!

No luck as of yet on the actual location of this "house", but I will continue to look.

Could you post that address, and the name of the lady you contacted?

Maybe they do have the records that I am looking for.

Brian

Rosie K

Post by Rosie K » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:35 pm

I think this link may be helpful.

http://www.britinfo.net/index_Edzell.htm