Daein ma nut!.....

Looking for Scottish Ancestors

Moderator: Global Moderators

Swiscot

Daein ma nut!.....

Post by Swiscot » Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:57 pm

Looking for the death of James Cooper.javascript:emoticon('](*,)')
Brick wall

1851 census he was at Dalserf age 71, b. Carstairs with daughter Janet aged 55, b. Carstairs.
1861 census he was still at Dalserf aged 84 and his daughter Janet was now aged 49!
Daughter Janet died 13.4.1868 at Raploch Street aged 60.
Another daughter Marion (Downs) died aged 74 on the 5 Jul 1885 again at Raploch Street. In both cases they are shown as daughters of James Cooper, (Weaver) and Isabella Simpson. Informants for both deaths was Robert Downs.
James Cooper is not on the 1881 census when he would have been 104.
Searches on SR for the death of James Cooper of his reputed age between 1861 and 1890 have thrown up 4 names in Kincardine, Ayr, Fife and Perth. They are not my James.
SR search for Cooper and variations for LKS districts between 1861 and 1881 show no James.
Dont want to (Whisper) wait any longer for the 71 census so if any kind helpful person could help I, and my nut would be most grateful.
awrabest fae snawy Switzerland., Jim
Cowper.Couper, Cooper, Barrie, Smellie, Brown, Wight, Donald, Kay etc. Lanarkshire.

DavidWW

Post by DavidWW » Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:01 pm

Jim

Have you tried spelling variants such as COUPER and COWPER ??

Davie

Swiscot

Daein ma nut

Post by Swiscot » Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:25 am

hello Davie
I have lists of deaths for James which range from Cabery through, Cooper, Couper, Cowpar and Cowper.
Regards
Jim
Cowper.Couper, Cooper, Barrie, Smellie, Brown, Wight, Donald, Kay etc. Lanarkshire.

Andy

Post by Andy » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:16 am

Try a death search between 1861 and 1871 for James cooper between ages 80 - 110

There are none in Lanarkshire but there is a 98 year old (97 and five months) death in Renfrew in 1869. No parents named but the wife was Isabella Simpson, address at time of death 23 Renfield Street, reported by daughter, Margaret
Searching for Keogh, Kelly, Fitzgerald, Riddell, Stewart, Wilson, McQuilkin, Lynch, Boyle, Cairney, Ross, King, McIlravey, McCurdy, Drennan and Woods (to name but a few).

Also looking for any information on Rathlin Island, County Antrim, Ireland.

Swiscot

Daein ma nut

Post by Swiscot » Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:46 pm

Hi Andy
Asante sana, squashed banana! Ye remember this fae Kenya?
This is the one, Andy I am sure and I shall go and pay a few more quids to SR and download it. I am surprised though, that it never came up on the all Scotland search from 1861 to 1871 for deaths of James Cooper and derivations? No matter, you have probably also led me to the daughter Margaret who married a James Brown.for which I am grateful and once more shows the power and knowledge available on TalkingScot.
Best regards
Jim javascript:emoticon (':D')
Very Happy