Where are the RCE's?

If you are having difficulty with the ScotlandsPeople site, or have answers

Moderator: Global Moderators

tishgibbons

Where are the RCE's?

Post by tishgibbons » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:32 pm

I haven't used SP for a while and the site is a bit different now. I cannot find the RCEs - any idea where they're hid - or should I go to Specsavers??
Tish :?
Researching Mitchell Grassick Bowman Farquharson Wilson Allanach Leys Coutts Gauld McNerney from Crathie and Braemar, Strathdon and Glenbuchat and who moved on to Aberdeen, Glasgow, Ireland, Australia, India, Canada.

AndrewP
Site Admin

Re: Where are the RCE's?

Post by AndrewP » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:08 pm

Hi Tish,

The RCE should be accessible via a link above the certificate. See the crudely arrowed item in the image below.

The one in the example below is the only relative of mine that I know of to have died following being struck by lightning.

All the best

AndrewP
SP_with_RCE.jpg
SP_with_RCE.jpg (173.58 KiB) Viewed 933 times

tishgibbons

Post by tishgibbons » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:19 pm

thank you Andrew! Well it seems the reason I couldn't find it is because there wasn't an RCE on the entry. The cert I'm looking at shows no cause of death and I thought that a squiggle in the margin referred to an RCE. Not as exotic as being struck by lightening!
Thanks
Tish
Researching Mitchell Grassick Bowman Farquharson Wilson Allanach Leys Coutts Gauld McNerney from Crathie and Braemar, Strathdon and Glenbuchat and who moved on to Aberdeen, Glasgow, Ireland, Australia, India, Canada.

AndrewP
Site Admin

Post by AndrewP » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:16 am

Hi Tish,

Another possibility is that an RCE does exist, but has been missed from the SP index. Do you have a scan of the note (squiggle) in the margin that you can show here?

All the best,

AndrewP