Unanswered Contact Forms

If you are having difficulty with the ScotlandsPeople site, or have answers

Moderator: Global Moderators

Linda Malpass

Post by Linda Malpass » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:09 pm

Linda Malpass wrote:Hi Davie, just an update from SP. I sent them an e mail outling my question and they repied this morning to say they could not find my original contact form or never received it? However, they are looking into the problem for me and have given it a ticket number. They have passed my e mail onto GROS to get a specific answer with regards to this particular image.
Hi Davie, another update to the 1891 census image. SP passed my email to GROS outling the problem, I didn't get a response, so I emailed SP again and they stated that GROS would be replying to me, not them! So I sent yet another email to GROS, they stated they never received my email from SP and they were totally up to date on all replies ....... in the end I received confirmation today that GROS will be posting me the census image. GROS stated that nearly all the records are imaged but there is the odd one or two or parts of districts etc which are not on, it could be it is a very poor image which requires to be rescanned.

So I'm a "Happy Camper" and thanks to Lorraine at GROS for her efforts!!
Linda

DavidWW

Post by DavidWW » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:13 pm

Linda Malpass wrote:
Linda Malpass wrote:Hi Davie, just an update from SP. I sent them an e mail outling my question and they repied this morning to say they could not find my original contact form or never received it? However, they are looking into the problem for me and have given it a ticket number. They have passed my e mail onto GROS to get a specific answer with regards to this particular image.
Hi Davie, another update to the 1891 census image. SP passed my email to GROS outling the problem, I didn't get a response, so I emailed SP again and they stated that GROS would be replying to me, not them! So I sent yet another email to GROS, they stated they never received my email from SP and they were totally up to date on all replies ....... in the end I received confirmation today that GROS will be posting me the census image. GROS stated that nearly all the records are imaged but there is the odd one or two or parts of districts etc which are not on, it could be it is a very poor image which requires to be rescanned.

So I'm a "Happy Camper" and thanks to Lorraine at GROS for her efforts!!
Hi Linda

Good to hear, but there's no way that you should have had to jump through so many hoops.

On the relatively few occasions that I've had to ask for an image copy by post it's always arrived promptly, but then I guess that my name is known :roll:

Orraverybest

Davie

WilmaM

Post by WilmaM » Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:07 pm

A sucess story [ praise where it's due =D> and all that ]

I downloaded a 1871 census image on Monday or Tuesday - really poor quality :( even some jiggery pockery with my imaging prog. made nothing better..
so I wrote a contact form.

Visited again today - suddenly I had 10 credits not 5 :lol: [ quickly used them up ;) ]
E-mail tonight to say the problem has been passed on and a paper copy will be posted to me.
Wilma

HeatherH
Global Moderator

Post by HeatherH » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:57 pm

Brilliant Wonka,I've had the same response too.
HeatherK
Looking for ...but not limited to Haldane ,Keir ,McLauchlan ,Walker ,Torrance , Reid ,Clark ,Johnstone ,Holmes ,Laurie ,Lawrie ,Strachan , McIlwee ,Welsh ,Queate ,Stewert ,McNight ,Steele ,Cockburn ,Young ....whew! That's more than enough for now.

annpa

unanswered SP contact forms

Post by annpa » Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:42 pm

David -
I sent two contact forms at the beginning of January which have not been answered.
1. on 9 Jan 2006 about the difficulty in reading the 1903 marriage details of ALEXANDER KERR and BARBARA STUART MATHESON. Record 644/14/0272 which I searched for on 30/12/2005. I asked them to clarify the image or send me a photocopied clearer version. No reply. I have a printout of the form.

2. on 12 Jan 2006 I sent a second contact form about the 18 December 1905 birth of my father. This time it was about the 30/12/2005 search I did. I had entered the search parameters from 1 Jan 1904 to 31 Dec 1905 and did not specify any particular day or month or county or district so as to maximise the results in case he had been born somewhere other than DALZIEL. But none of the results were appropriate and I had used up several credits checking the images. I asked them how they indexed these births. by the date of birth or the date of registering? I would have thought that they would have used the date of birth as who knows accurately when their ancestor's birth was registered, and it might be months or even years after the actual birth. I have received no reply from SP. Once again I have a printout of the form.
I know that my father was born!! I am the proof! but if he was not registered until 1906 I may have to wait until 2007??
Has anyone else had any problems with people being born in late December and therefore not being able to access the birth details until the following year?
Hope you can help me David
Thanks in advance
Annpa
[size=75] Annpa Fincher seeking
[b]FARQUHAR[/b] Paisley, Glenlivet;
[b]CASEY, CRAMPSEY, KELLY, CROSSAN[/b] Glasgow, Stirlingshire, Lanarkshire;
[b]SPARKS[/b] Inverness-shire, Glasgow, Norwich;
[b]MATHESON[/b] Banff, Ross[/size]

AndrewP
Site Admin

Re: unanswered SP contact forms

Post by AndrewP » Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:25 pm

annpa wrote:I know that my father was born!! I am the proof! but if he was not registered until 1906 I may have to wait until 2007??
Has anyone else had any problems with people being born in late December and therefore not being able to access the birth details until the following year?
Hi Annpa,

It is quite common for births in the second half of December to be registered in early January of the following year. Within the General Register Office for Scotland at New Register House the certificates are in books of the year registered, not the year born (the same can apply to marriages and deaths). This system carries forward onto ScotlandsPeople. On that basis it looks like you will have to wait most of a year for the certificate to appear online, or apply to GROS and buy a copy from them.

All the best,

Andrew Paterson