Postscript on image

If you are having difficulty with the ScotlandsPeople site, or have answers

Moderator: Global Moderators

Tess

Postscript on image

Post by Tess » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:33 pm

I've got 3 images for my family with notes added at the side refering to another volume and page, is there anywhere I can view them?

tess

DavidWW

Re: Postscript on image

Post by DavidWW » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:41 pm

Tess wrote:I've got 3 images for my family with notes added at the side refering to another volume and page, is there anywhere I can view them?

tess
Hi Tess

Sounds like these are references to corrections or additions via entries in the associated Registers of Corrected Entries.

If you buy extracts of the records involved, these extracts will incorporate the RCE information, or you can wait until the RCE images come on line, hoipefully in the near future, or get someone to look up the RCE entry on a visit to New Register House in Edinburgh.........

David

Tess

Post by Tess » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:42 pm

thanks David
:D

AndrewP
Site Admin

Post by AndrewP » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:43 pm

Hi Tess,

These notes in the margin will refer to the Register of Corrected Entries. There is a plan for these to come online at ScotlandsPeople at some stage in 2006, but to see them in the meantime, you have to order a copy of the certificate to be sent to you (for a fee), and the RCE information will be typed on the back of the certificate, or may be supplied as a copy ofthe RCE document.

Or the RCE can be viewed at New Register House in Edinburgh.

An RCE is issued if a change has to be made to the information on the certificate, after it has been issued. These changes have to be authorised by the sheriff (or sheriff-substitute) of the appropriate court, then submitted to the registrar to be entered in the Register of Corrected Entries.

The RCE is indexed by the volume and page number for that registration district - as you have seen in the margins of the certificates that you mention.

All the best,

Andrew Paterson

Tess

Post by Tess » Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:08 am

Thank you both very much, I can order the cert safely now, knowing that!

Tess