50% off credits? Posted from another site

If you are having difficulty with the ScotlandsPeople site, or have answers

Moderator: Global Moderators

Lahb

50% off credits? Posted from another site

Post by Lahb » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:44 pm

Noted on another site - does anyone know if this is accurate? I couldn't find mention of it on SP's FAQ section.

"....Scotland's people are doing a half price offer with East Dunbartonshire Libraries - if you live near Kirkintilloch you can go in to the reference library and buy a voucher for 6 pounds for 60 credits - you get a code for the site. Top ups are 20% less than normal thereafter. You have to be a member of the library, but can join even if you don't live in the district. "

Wish I lived in Scotland if it is!!
McFarlane, Harkley, Innes, McLean,Davie,Rainey

joette
Global Moderator

Post by joette » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:50 pm

Me too! :cry:
Researching:SCOTT,Taylor,Young,VEITCH LINLEY,MIDLOTHIAN
WADDELL,ROSS,TORRANCE,GOVAN/DALMUIR/Clackmanannshire
CARR/LEITCH-Scotland,Ireland(County Donegal)
LINLEY/VEITCH-SASK.Canada
ALSO BROWN,MCKIMMIE,MCDOWALL,FRASER.
Greer/Grier,Jenkins/Jankins

sporran

Re: discounted access at libraries

Post by sporran » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:55 pm

Hello Lahb,

this topic has been discussed for a long time in the User Group, and was mentioned in the latest minutes under item 3.2.

Regards,

John

DavidWW

Re: 50% off credits? Posted from another site

Post by DavidWW » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:56 pm

Lahb wrote:Noted on another site - does anyone know if this is accurate? I couldn't find mention of it on SP's FAQ section.

"....Scotland's people are doing a half price offer with East Dunbartonshire Libraries - if you live near Kirkintilloch you can go in to the reference library and buy a voucher for 6 pounds for 60 credits - you get a code for the site. Top ups are 20% less than normal thereafter. You have to be a member of the library, but can join even if you don't live in the district. "

Wish I lived in Scotland if it is!!
Hi Lahb

I've emailed GROS/ScotlandsPeople to seek clarification of this specific situation in East Dumbartonshire.

Have a look at the latest minutes of the UserGroup, - item 3.2, - to appreciate the pilot scheme for bulk access for libraries in line with the Scottish Executive policy of adhering to the UK government policy involving social inclusion.

David

Lahb

Post by Lahb » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:40 am

Hi David, thanks for the reminder. I had read that on the minutes several days ago, but didn't make the connection. Not being in the UK I'm not sure about the comments Paul was making about "social inclusion policy" but I can see where Ken would get his concern from. So I guess the posting on the other site was accurate :)

Lisa
McFarlane, Harkley, Innes, McLean,Davie,Rainey

thomsos

Post by thomsos » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:55 pm

Yes I just rec'd mine to-day £6 for 60 credits valid for 28days, then 30 credit top up vouchers £4.80, glad I live in Kirkintilloch