Colonel George Bennet Clark The Royal Scots

All matters military, militia, regiments and the like. Army, Navy, Air Force etc.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Pandabean

david macdiarmid

Re: Colonel George Bennet Clark The Royal Scots

Post by david macdiarmid » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:42 am

Hi Brian,Thanks for that, wish i was on WDYTYA ,it all seems so easy,David :wink:
Banks,Bennet-Clark,Bird,Cholat,Clark,Clay,Dupre,Dupuis,Fraser,Grant,Gunn,Hooper
Kelly,Leburn,Livingston,MacDonald,Paris,Reymond,Russell,Sommerville,Sutherland & Watson.All Scottish searches,apart from the four obvious French names.Merci Beaucoup !!!

cillacox

Post by cillacox » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:17 am

Hello. My name is Priscilla Ann Cox (nee Bennet Clark). I'm the eldest daughter of the late George Bennet Clark. My Grandfather was also named George. I have two Great Uncles - Thomas and Patrick who are now deceased. I know a small amount about my ancestry and would like to know more. I believe I'm a missing link to my Grandfather, George who had 2 children, George and Vera.

david macdiarmid

Post by david macdiarmid » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:13 am

:D
Hi Pricalla,Thanks for getting in touch,can i ask,was your Father the Son of George William Bennet Clark?1883-1924,for Thomas and Patrick to be your Great Uncles,that would have to be the case,.I may be able to fill in some of the gaps in your Family,,Regards,David
Banks,Bennet-Clark,Bird,Cholat,Clark,Clay,Dupre,Dupuis,Fraser,Grant,Gunn,Hooper
Kelly,Leburn,Livingston,MacDonald,Paris,Reymond,Russell,Sommerville,Sutherland & Watson.All Scottish searches,apart from the four obvious French names.Merci Beaucoup !!!

Rebecca6

Post by Rebecca6 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:14 pm

Hi I'm not sure if anyone will read this but I inherited belongings from my gran and within these things there is an envelope addressed to George Bennet at 11 Charlotte Square posted from Pretoria South Africa with a victoriana stamp and I'm so intrigued to find out more!! I know my gran used to look after a very elderly gentleman when she was a young nurse and i just wonder if he was any relation to this gentleman. I don't know very much other than he lived in Edinburgh, she travelled to London with him, he was very wealthy. I do have a photograph of him somewhere I will just have to look out. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

StewL

Post by StewL » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:57 am

Hello Rebecca
[TS_welcome]
Hopefully one of the original posters will receive notification of you new post, I am sure any information will be welcomed by those concerned
Stewie

Searching for: Anderson, Balks, Barton, Courtney, Davidson, Downie, Dunlop, Edward, Flucker, Galloway, Graham, Guthrie, Higgins, Laurie, Mathieson, McLean, McLuckie, Miln, Nielson, Payne, Phillips, Porterfield, Stewart, Watson