Ernest Russell Lyon ( 1923-1944)

Share your success stories here.

Moderator: Global Moderators

puffin

Re: Ernest Russell Lyon ( 1923-1944)

Post by puffin » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:10 pm

It has been some long time since I last posted under this heading, but now, as of 17th October last week, my story of the odyssey of 2003-2015 to gain official recognition of the unnamed war grave of 27.7.1944 at Guidel, has been published. Two years after the grave re-dedication ceremony I thought that I should bring together the whole story that had occurred in a rather piecemeal fashion, swinging from highs and lows, as it developed. It took another two years to bring this book together and it is co-authored with Jean Yves Le Lan. Without my first posting on this site approaching Remembrance Day in 2005 Jean-Yves would probably never found me as living kin of Flying Officer Russell Lyon. Jean Yves emailed me first in late April 2006 after he had had to go behind the scenes on this site to try to find out who was 'Puffin', and this story would never have happened if TalkingScot had not provided my name and address to him. Perhaps my first cousin the late David Webster had a hand in that, I will never now know. The book is titled Finding the "Ring of Truth". Publishers are Janus Publishing Ltd. Best wishes to all who have followed this story and if anyone chooses to buy a copy of the book many thanks and I hope you will enjoy the read.

garibaldired

Re: Ernest Russell Lyon ( 1923-1944)

Post by garibaldired » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:53 pm

Congratulations!

I've followed your account since the start and been fascinated and moved.

Best wishes,
Meg