Another more troublesome irregular marriage - Chapter 1 *BB*

Stories and Poems by our members.

Moderator: Global Moderators

Moonwatcher

Post by Moonwatcher » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:39 pm

Hmm...

Be that as it may. If AnnM has more of those in the bag, I''lbae daein less writin an merr readin! :D

Let's hear more applause for Ann and less sympathy for me. :)

Bob.

AnnetteR

Post by AnnetteR » Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:33 pm

Very well written Anne and a truly enjoyable story. I agree we should have more episodes. Just like our dear Moonwatcher you have a gift for penmanship and giving us that feeling that we are actually there witnessing the scene. Keep it up - both of you.

Cheers

Annette
-----------------------------------------------------
Researching in Fife: Wilson, Ramsay, Cassels/Carswell, Lindsay, Millar, Bowman and many others.
In Glasgow and West of Scotland: Aitchison, Wilkinson, Keenan, Black, Kinloch and Leiper.

AnneM
Global Moderator

Post by AnneM » Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:31 pm

Hi

I'm off to South Africa for a couple of weeks soon, visiting husband's rellies etc. but there may just be another episode before I go. I have a feeling there could be another little surprise in store for Ninian, who knows.

Moonwatcher, if you ever dare stop writing everyone will be up in arms, most certainly including me. Comedy is a rare talent.

Anne
Anne
Researching M(a)cKenzie, McCammond, McLachlan, Kerr, Assur, Renton, Redpath, Ferguson, Shedden, Also Oswald, Le/assels/Lascelles, Bonning just for starters

mjh

Anne's story

Post by mjh » Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:49 am

Wouldn't want Moonwatcher to stop writting but I never get tired of reading so give us all another episode as soon as you're able. We'll even be willing to wait till you get back from your trip, after all a wee trip is usually good for giving people ideas.Hope you have a good time.
mjh

LesleyB

Re: Another more troublesome irregular marriage .....Chapter

Post by LesleyB » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:35 pm

I used to really look forward to the next installments of Anne's stories...they made a great read! Well worth a read if you have not seen them before. (They can all be found in the Hearthside section of the TS forum)

[birthday]
Talking Scot is 10 years old!
To celebrate we are “bumping” selected older posts - posts we enjoyed , posts with knotty puzzles, posts which made us laugh, posts which brought a tear to our eye and posts where the problem solving skills of Talking Scot members won the day. Join us in our celebrations by “birthday bumping” some of your favourite posts!

Why not join us and bump some of your favourite posts? Just post a reply to the end of any of your favourite posts - remember to mention in your reply it is a “Birthday Bumped” post!
=D> \:D/ [cheers] \:D/ =D>

“Birthday bumps” or “dumps” are a tradition in Scotland, especially in school playgrounds, where the birthday boy or girl was pursued in order to be given “dumps” or “bumps” - usually a series of bumps on the behind with a knee, corresponding to the number of years the birthday person had now reached (and sometimes an extra one for luck!). For more info about Scottish birthday dumps or bumps, see
http://www.scotslanguage.com/word/Jun-2 ... day_custom_