1851 census .....

Information and Advice

Moderator: Global Moderators

HK

Post by HK » Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:06 pm

As long as your not too stotious to post.Maybe you would like to try a 40 of Screech? :D
Speaking of stotious I tried using it for a AIM screen name ,would you believe it's taken?Instead I'm "the bairnie "(my favorite Broon)
HK

DavidWW

Post by DavidWW » Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:08 pm

HeatherK wrote:As long as your not too stotious to post.Maybe you would like to try a 40 of Screech? :D
Speaking of stotious I tried using it for a AIM screen name ,would you believe it's taken?Instead I'm "the bairnie "(my favorite Broon)
HK
I like it !!

HK

Post by HK » Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:24 pm

Wullie said:
I like it.
were you responding to the Screech or my AIM name?
HK

DavidWW

Post by DavidWW » Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:25 am

HeatherK wrote:Wullie said:
I like it.
were you responding to the Screech or my AIM name?
HK
Now that's for you to work out !! :idea:

Davie

HK

Post by HK » Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:31 pm

Right you are.Knowing your a mature responsible sort I'll get sotted and wait for a contact to "the bairnie".
Wouldn't want to trust the Screech in the mail anyway.Mother-in-law sent us some and a 5lb bucket of salt beef when we lived in Cold Lake,Alberta.(In case you can't find that on a make we were next door to the Clauses)The package came on Christmas Eve and was in a hugh heavy duty plastic bag.With all the brine floating around we couldn't see in to tell what it was or who it was from.No choice but to reach in.I carefully pulled out a piece of the brown paper that was still stuck to it and could just make out my Mother-in laws hand writing .We had to put it in the tub and slowly pull out the Christmas gifts.There was toys and PJs for the girls(Rob wasn't with us yet.)But the highlight of the present was to be a taste of Newfoundland for my husband.A 40 of Screech and the salt beef for Jigs Dinner.The whole house quickly smelled like a brewery and the floors were covered in brine that had leaked from the package getting it from the Front door to the bathroom.(I thank God we didn't have any carpets)I had to open and then wash everything and then dry and rewrap it.Then redo all my floors.(So much for the big Christmas Cleaning.)A friend had picked it up for us at the post earlier in the day and thinking it might be my little girls Christmas didn't want them to see it in case it was all ruined and couldn't be salvaged.He had waited till after midnight mass to drop it off.We had just finished putting the last gift under the tree and we were headed to bed knowing the little ones would be up in 6 hours.I didn't get my head on the pillow until after 3am and the girls were like Big Ben at 6am.We didn't get rid of the smell at all through the holidays,not even the tree could cover the smell(The tree came from the Prime Rose Range Bombing site on base and glowed without any lights being attached)
We later told Mother Dearest the story and she promised to pack it more carefully next year.We've lived in fear ever since and are very thankful when she sends shirts that are too small and purfume I can never use as our daughter is asthmatic.
HK