Help needed for sore eyes .....

Information and Advice

Moderator: Global Moderators

AnneM
Global Moderator

Post by AnneM » Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:07 pm

I think the toll may have something to do with a canal but not sure.

Anne
Anne
Researching M(a)cKenzie, McCammond, McLachlan, Kerr, Assur, Renton, Redpath, Ferguson, Shedden, Also Oswald, Le/assels/Lascelles, Bonning just for starters

CatrionaL

Post by CatrionaL » Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:28 pm

Jack
Would appreciate you having a look at the film. I scanned to my computer from a librarie photocopie which was difficult to read anyway.

Mesklin
Strange about the jpg question. The image is in TIF format in my computer.

Jaypee
Being in France, I'm quite knowlegible about REVOLUTIONS, but you're losing me with talk of RESOLUTIONS. Guess I must get around to studying that aspect of computers and photos one day!

Anne & Stuart
I agree that the ?????? word looks like Maritime. Now will have to find out more about Toll Keeping in that neck of the woods.

Jean Jeannie
Crofter seems unlikely as John McQueen appears to have been born and raised in Glasgow

Thanks again all of you for your input.

Catriona

mesklin

to jpg or not to jpg

Post by mesklin » Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:27 pm

Catriona

Image in gallery most positively jpg. Perhaps you should check to see which format your graphics setup defaults to. Before we all end up with sore eyes. :wink:

Dave

CatrionaL

Post by CatrionaL » Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:55 pm

Oh well, Dave, if you don't see me around on TS for a while, you'll know that I'm lost in the world of resolutions and graphic defaulting, pixells and decibels etc. On second thoughts decibels is more sound than image., n'est-ce pas?
:roll: :D

Catriona

Jack

1851 census - occupations

Post by Jack » Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:14 pm

Hi Catriona,

I couldn't see anything similar on other pages to compare them to - so it took a wee while for the penny to drop!
--
Ann Cameron - toll keeper +vintner
John McQueen - vintner
--
Jack

CatrionaL

Post by CatrionaL » Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:40 pm

Thanks, Jack. Appreciate your input.

Why am I not suprised? :roll:

The more I search into my Paisley family history, the more innkeepers, wine and spirit salesmen and saleswomen and barmen I find. Incidentally, the 2yr old Annie Robina McQueen on the Census image you looked at, later became, with her husband innkeepers at the Hay Weighs Inn.

Catriona