Trying to find these Campbell Sisters

Items of general interest

Moderators: Global Moderators, Pandabean

AndrewP
Site Admin

Re: Trying to find these Campbell Sisters

Post by AndrewP » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:50 pm

One to consider...

Death: Charlotte Campbell, domestic servant, single, 1897, age "about 30", parents unknown, in East Funach, Durris, Kincardineshire.

I don't know if it is relevant, but the doctor who gave the cause of death as pneumonia was from Peterculter. Durris is a near-neighbouring parish to Peterculter.

Food for thought,

AndrewP

nelmit

Post by nelmit » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:59 pm

I was tempted to look at that one too Andrew. What a pity there was no details but a high chance it was her.

Regards,
Annette

davelna

Post by davelna » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:26 pm

Thank you both. Sadly I think you are correct. I guess with their father dying when they were so young and their mother not remarrying the sisters did not have much of a chance. We are so lucky to be alive today.

Best wishes
Interests; Boyd/Boyde, Sutherland, Stevenson and McBeath in Fordyce, Sandend and Keith

davelna

Post by davelna » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:06 am

Decided to try and trace George Campbell son of Christina. Found George was born on the 27th March 1987 (illegitimate) in the Community Poorhouse in Latheron. Mother given as Christina Campbell, Pauper. No fathers name given.
Interests; Boyd/Boyde, Sutherland, Stevenson and McBeath in Fordyce, Sandend and Keith